Saturday, May 25, 2019

Exclusive Interview with Mr. Mahmood Shaikhani

Mahmood Shaikhani is the managing director of Dubai-based Shaikhani Group, A family business which was established in 1978 by his great father ABUBAKER SHAIKHANI a pioneer of this Group, and Mr Mahmood Shaikhani took over the reins of the company in 2004. Originally from Pakistan, the young energetic has lived in the UAE for 15 years

Journey of Managing Director​​
He completed his studies from LONDON METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY in 2001. when he visited his father's office first time for the work he was wearing a well-attire suit and tie, when his father saw him, he asked him very politely to wear same labor staff cloths, his father directed him to go to Rubber world Industries factory, who manufactures the GULF O FLEX rubber insulation system in the Gulf and South East Asia
There he was instructed to do same labor work and he went through the paces working under the operations manager and toiled alongside his colleagues in the plant’s premises braving stifling heat, grime, long and hard hours of manual labor and the strong odour of chemicals. he knew, hard time would give a in-depth idea how to tackle hurdles and problem through a professional way, This is why he is managing so well his company and staff in today's time.

His emotional time of career
He explained, When my father passed away, it was the most defining moment in my life. He taught me everything I know and his untimely death created a huge void that can never be filled. My father had vast experience and was a treasure trove of wisdom. He imparted invaluable lessons of life that continue to guide me and are an integral part of my success.

His advice to a new business man
Always believe in yourself and accomplish what you set out to achieve and be honest with your organization and employees. furthermore, he shared a piece of advice that was given by his father. he said "I used to be an aggressive decision maker but my father told me not to take decisions in a hurry. Although sometimes one needs to take “immediate” decisions, it is imperative to analyse the future impact before taking a call".

Life with family and friend
Mr. Mahmood said "My kids, my family and my friends. I love to spend quality time with my children. I also make it a point to speak with my mother on a daily basis, no matter which part of the world I am in. It takes me back in time to when I was a child and all I needed to hear was my mother’s voice to make all my troubles go away. It feels the same even today. It puts me at ease, I feel secure and at peace with the world".

Work vs private life balance
he usually manage all his work on his phone. where he can handle all his dealings and problems but if there is a need he attend seminars and meetings. Secondly, after work he spend his time with his family sharing stories with kids and listening their day to day activities. This way he can give time to both on priority basis
Any Vision in life for future
Mr. Mahmood shaikhani said, Although I love my work too much and there is no need for me to do anything else, but if I get change, I would love to serve my country as prime minister of Pakistan. it would be honor for me to make changes in Pakistan's people lives give them education what they deserve it, change the mindset of the people and make it a better place.
www.shaikhanigroup.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dubai's real estate market has demonstrated remarkable growth in the first quarter of 2024

highlighted by the latest report from Allsopp & Allsopp Real Estate. The report indicates that the market has experienced a 19.3% incr...